Sunday, April 3, 2011

Brown's Peak Sunrise

Brown's Peak Sunrise
Brown's Peak Sunrise, originally uploaded by cultr.sun.
Late Summer 2010, near the end of wildflower season, I backpacked up to Lost Lake in Medicine Bow National Forest with Loki and a few friends. After scouting around a bit, Loki and I decided on this spot for the next morning -- about a half mile away from camp and a few hundred feet higher. Brown's Peak is seen in the foreground, the rest of the Snowy Range arches out behind it.

Watching the sunlight strike upon the mountainside is an incredible experience -- this was one of my first. The air this early in the morning is always hushed, and still, and the only sounds to be heard are of wildlife just waking up (and a half-wild dog). Then a faint sliver of sunlight appears on the horizon, and a band of red runs down the mountainside, waking up the world.

Did I mention that I'm now selling prints? www.crs-creative.com

No comments:

Post a Comment