Monday, February 21, 2011

Mammoth Hot Springs, Yellowstone National Park

Mammoth Hot Springs, YNP

My dreams have been incredibly vivid lately, and a majority of them are taking place in the most beautiful places in the world -- Patagonia, Grand Teton National Park, Yellowstone National Park, etc. I am hoping that these dreams are pushing me towards a new career path in nature photography. I spend a lot of time daydreaming at my day job (as a coffee roastmaster) about working with companies like Teton Gravity Research and National Geographic. So it is to dream!

Mammoth Hot Springs is an incredibly unique place on this planet. Like many places in YNP it is thermally very active, and a constantly shifting landscape. The colors here are incredible, especially on this day where the sun was very bright but with very dense, puffy clouds (I wish I could identify them). The effect created a very dramatic contrast between the colors of the bacteria and the white, chalky dust surrounding the active areas.

This image, along with several others, will be printed soon and on display at my first photo show. I'm shooting for a mid-march hanging.

No comments:

Post a Comment